Limited Pre-Launch Offer!
Get Medium OS for $25.
50 people have the chance to get Medium OS for half the price. Full price $49.
MEDIUM OS is a Notion-based writing system for Medium.com. This comprehensive template is a fantastic organizational tool for new writers and experienced Medium members alike.
"If you write online, use Medium OS."
What you get
- The Medium Playbook: a 7000-word e-book with actionable tips & tricks to make the most out of Medium.com, grow your reader base, and earn money
- Content OS: your main content database to create, store, organize, archive, and analyze your Medium stories, as well as all other content you want to keep in Medium OS (like newsletter issues, social media posts, YouTube content, podcast scripts, etc.)
- Tag List: a tag database for your Medium tags, as well as all available top writer tags with detailed information on competition and scale
- List Planner: a database to utilize Medium lists and organize your stories with those lists
- Platforms: a database for all platforms you are already using or might be using in the future
- Subscribers: a subscriber database to store, backup, organize, and filter your existing and new subscribers from multiple platforms, either by hand or automatically
- Resources: a section with helpful tools and resources for writers
- References: a reference page with helpful articles and links
- How-to: a how-to section with instructions
- + Future Add-ons
Why should you consider Medium OS?
First of all, it’s built on Notion and Notion is a great writing and organizational tool.
Case and point:
Medium removed the ability to write on the go inside the mobile app. With Notion, you can write on the go inside the app or a mobile browser.
Notion offers capabilities far beyond other writing apps, like managing your stories inside a database with tags, dates, links, and many more details. You can do it as simple or as comprehensive as you like. And you can expand on the databases at any time.
Medium OS in Notion acts as a backup for your Medium story catalog. You can use it to gain crucial insights into stats and performance, like visualizing the relation between curated stories and viral hits.
Medium OS also offers the possibility of organizing and connecting all your written content from other platforms than Medium. I used it for Substack, Vocal, NewsBreak, WordPress, and even other content formats like YouTube videos and social media posts.
How to use Medium OS
It's easy. Here are the steps:
- Sign up for Notion (free) and download the apps for desktop and mobile devices
- Download Medium OS
- Duplicate the Medium OS template to your Notion workspace
- Add a new story by navigating to the Content OS section. Hit the blue "New" button and add the details for your posts like title, tags, publication details, and the text body. That's it.
- Add existing Medium stories by simply copying and pasting each one from your published folder on Medium.com into a new Content OS entry. Add all details to those as well. You're done.
- Repeat the process for each other platform you'd like to manage with Medium OS, like blog posts, newsletter issues, social media posts, podcast scripts, or YouTube video details.
How I've been using Medium OS
In 1.5 years on Medium, I've gained over 10,000 followers, 600 Medium subscribers, 170 referrals, and generated a 4-figure monthly income.
Much of this success is built on my writing system in Notion that helps me publish daily (on weekdays), provides ideas for new posts, and reveals detailed insights into curation, tags, and viral topics.
I put the lessons I learned into Medium OS, giving you a comprehensive, yet easy-to-use foundation to manage your content.
Can I use this template without Notion?
Technically, you could export all databases and import them into a spreadsheet tool like Excel or Google Sheets. But this isn't the best use of this template as the interconnectivity of databases and writing tools make it a perfect experience.
Is Notion free?
Yes. You can use it for free. Notion offers paid plans, but those are optional for Medium OS.
How do I add this template to my Notion account?
Open the provided link and click on "Duplicate" in the browser. You might need to log in to your Notion account first.
Can I share this Notion template with others?
No, you're not allowed to share Medium OS and its content with another person, unless this person bought Medium OS as well. Then you can share the entire template and even collaborate on it.
You'll find my contact information inside the Notion template.
The Medium Playbook7000 words
Content OS DatabaseWrite & Manage
Tag List DatabaseTop Writer Tags
List Planner DatabaseMedium Lists
Platforms DatabasePublish everywhere
Subscribers DatabaseExport subscribers
Helpful ResourcesTools, apps, extensions
Helpful ReferencesArticles & Links
How-to & InstructionsLearn Medium OS
+ Future Add-Ons
- You'll get
- The Medium Playbook7000 words
- Content OS DatabaseWrite & Manage
- Tag List DatabaseTop Writer Tags
- List Planner DatabaseMedium Lists
- Platforms DatabasePublish everywhere
- Subscribers DatabaseExport subscribers
- Helpful Resources Tools, apps, extensions
- Helpful ReferencesArticles & Links
- How-to & InstructionsLearn Medium OS
- + Future Add-Ons