Superwriter is a Notion-based system for online writers and content creators.
I use it for Medium.com, WordPress, Twitter, Substack, and even YouTube.
You see, this comprehensive template is a fantastic organizational tool for anyone who writes anything online.
"Become a Superwriter today!"
But there's more:
Superwriter isn't just your writing database, it's also a platform tracker, social media scheduler, goal tracker, finance planner, and idea-dumping system all in one. And so much more!
What you get
- Dashboard with an overview of your writing tasks, to-dos, deadlines, finances, goals, and more
- Navigation menu with access to subpages and resources
- Quick actions menu with buttons to quickly create new entries
- All content: Here lives everything you create
- Platforms & Publications: A section for all platforms you create content on & according publications/accounts
- Categories & Tags: A database of all categories, tags, and lists you assign to your content with some helpful details
- Subscribers: In this view, you can add your subscribers (or followers) from multiple platforms, either by hand or automatically with tools like Zapier or Make (if thy platforms support such integration, like ConvertKit, MailChimp, Beehiiv, etc.)
- Sponsors: A section dedicated to sponsored content, ads, affiliate links, cross-promotions & more
- Finances: Get your income & expenses in order, and review them in practical monthly and yearly summaries
- Goals: Set goals, track milestones, celebrate achievements
- Saved For Later: Dump everything into this, from research on a current story, to related articles, tools, websites, and more.
- Creators' Toolbox: A database full of helpful tools for content creators, from free apps to paid services, including recommendations, ratings, and deals
- Best Creator Newsletters: A list of the best newsletter for and by content creators 2023
- and much more
Why should you consider Superwriter?
First of all, it’s built on Notion and Notion is a great writing and organizational tool.
Notion offers capabilities far beyond other writing apps, like managing your stories inside databases with tags, dates, links, relations, formulas, and many more details. You can do it as simply or as comprehensively as you like. And you can expand on the databases at any time.
Superwriter in Notion acts as a backup for your blog, newsletter, and social media content.
What it's NOT, however, is a tool for writing books. It's not designed with this workflow in mind.
How to use Superwriter
It's easy. Here are the steps:
- Sign up for Notion (free) and download the apps for desktop and mobile devices
- Buy & open the Superwriter link
- Duplicate the Superwriter template to your Notion workspace
- Add a new story by hitting the "New..." buttons in the navigation menu. Add the details for your posts like title, tags, publication details, and the text body. That's it.
- Add existing content by simply copying and pasting each one into a new Superwriter entry. Add all details. You're done.
- Repeat the process for each other platform you'd like to manage, like blog posts, newsletter issues, social media posts, podcast scripts, or YouTube video details.
How I've been using Superwriter
Superwriter is a result of months of learning by doing, tweaking settings & options, experimenting with new features, and some sleepless nights. Yeah.
It evolved from Write OS, my previous Notion writing system that was similar in some regards, yet completely different in others. I took what I learned from Write OS and put it into Superwriter.
Can I use this template without Notion?
No. This is made for and with Notion, but I highly recommend you try Notion if you haven't. It's the most powerful productivity app I've ever seen!
Is Notion free?
Yes. You can use it for free. Notion offers paid plans, but those are optional.
How do I add this template to my Notion account?
Open the provided link and click on "Duplicate" in the browser. You might need to log in to your Notion account first.
Can I share this Notion template with others?
No, you're not allowed to share the template and its content with another person, unless this person bought it as well. Then you can share the entire template and even collaborate on it.
You'll find my contact information inside the Notion template.